Applications are open for 2017 Global Health & Social Medicine Postgraduate Scholarship!
- Open to residents of the following countries
- Applicable subjects
MSc Bioethics & Society, MSc Global Health & Social Justice, MSc Medicine Health & Public Policy, MSc Ageing & Society, MSc Gerontology, MSc Public Policy & Ageing!
All UK, EU and Overseas applicants applying for any of our Full Time programmes to begin in September 2017 are eligible for this scholarship, equivalent to full Home/EU fees only, expected to be to the value of £9,450.
Applications may be submitted
from 01-Dec-2016 until 31-Mar-2017
Information about the funding
One full scholarship equivalent to Home/EU fees – expected to be £9450 in 2017/18 – is available for entry onto ONE of the following full-time Masters programmes:
- MA/MSc Ageing and Society
- MSc Bioethics & Society
- MSc Gerontology
- MSc Global Health & Social Justice
- MSc Medicine, Health and Public Policy
- MA Public Policy and Ageing
Our full list of Master’s Programmes is available here.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the assessments of three criteria:
1. previous academic performance;
2. relevant experience where appropriate;
3. personal statement indicating reasons for applying to a particular programme.
When offered a scholarship, you must also meet the following criteria for the scholarship to be awarded:
1. Accept the University’s offer of a place as your firm (first) choice by 1 June 2017;
2. meet the conditions of your offer (if you firmly accept an unconditional offer you are automatically deemed to have met the conditions of your offer);
3. register for a postgraduate course at our Department.
Should you defer your offer of study to the following year the scholarship is not transferable.
Value of award
Equivalent to full Home/EU fees only, expected to be to the value of £9,450
There is no separate application procedure for the scholarship. All individuals who have submitted a complete application by midnight (UK time) on the 31 March 2017 will be considered for the scholarship automatically. A fully completed application includes a complete online application form, and also all supporting documents including personal statements, transcripts, references and IELTS certificates (where appropriate). All materials must have been submitted via the Postgraduate Admissions Portal by the due time and date.
Each programme director will identify its top two candidates. The Panel will decide the top candidate overall and award the scholarship. All other shortlisted candidates will then be considered for the £500 Global Health and Social Medicine bursaries. The bursary will be payable in two equal instalments, in November 2017 and February 2018, subject to enrolment.
The successful candidates will be notified no later than 5 May 2017.
Linda Stoner – Postgraduate Programmes Officer
Department of Global Health & Social Medicine
Please note the database is updated regularly but is a guide only and not a guarantee of funding nor an exhaustive list of all funding available.