The Institute of Medical Ethics invites abstracts for its 2nd Research Conference, which will take place on June 18th, at the University of Newcastle. The conference is a one-day event, designed to give opportunities for academics, clinicians and students involved in biomedical ethics research to present the results of their research activities in analytical and empirical medical ethics.
• 09.30-10.00 – Registration, coffee and poster viewing
• 10.00-10.10 – Welcome (Dr Carwyn Hooper)
• 10.10-10.50 – First Key Note Speech (Prof Bobbie Farsides)
• 11.00-12.00 – 3 Parallel Sessions (3 x 20 minutes)
• 13.00-13.50 – Lunch and poster viewing
• 13.50-14.50 – 3 Parallel Sessions (3 x 20 minutes)
• 15.50-16.10 – Coffee and poster viewing
•16.10-16.50 –Second Key Note Speech (Prof Michael Parker)
• 16.50-17.00 – Conclusion (Dr Wing May Kong, IME Chair)
• 17.00-18.00 – Drinks Reception
The conference organisers welcome submissions from a range of disciplines relevant to bioethics, including medical ethics, medicine, healthcare, philosophy, social sciences, law and public policy.
In addition to submissions from established academics, early career researchers and healthcare professionals, we also encourage submissions from postgraduate students.
The word limit for the abstracts is 300 words.The abstract submission form can be downloaded here.
Submissions should be emailed by 18 March 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org